If you have been wondering how to increase your visibility on Google, or why your website doesn’t show up using specific search terms which are relevant to your business…
Then this blog series will seriously help you out! This time we will cover the role social media can play in increasing your visibility on Google.
Did you know…
You probably already know about the importance that Google plays in your business leads. Otherwise you most likely would not be researching it. However, did you know that 75% of people will not click through google pages and will only take notice of the first page. Believe it or not, 93% of people who make searches do so using search engines. And this is why you can’t afford to be ranking on any Google page- only the first.
Social media and your online presence
One way to be seen on Google is to increase your social media presence. By building and maintaining your social media accounts you will be creating some useful assets that will help enhance your online presence. Looking after your social accounts is not only useful for your online presence, but they will also help to increase user engagement. Furthermore, your socials will provide a space to project content into the wider community which will help you achieve greater visibly once more.
If you feel that you are wasting time on the ‘soft stuff’ by posting on Facebook or tweeting on Twitter, when you could be chasing good old business- you aren’t. Try to remember that you ideally want to gain a presence on the first page of SERPS (search Engine Results Page). By carrying out these tasks, potential clients are more likely to find you when they make search queries in Google and other search engines.
Follow our steps
Here are a few ways you can maximise your social media accounts so people will find your business on Google more easily.
We suggest you:
- Link all of your social media accounts to your website and business emails. Don’t just pick a few of the main accounts like Facebook or LinkedIn, include them all to pass authority on to them.
- Optimise all of your accounts to achieve greater engagement. You can do this by, using high quality images for your branding. Ensure all the sections such as ‘about us’, ‘name’, and ‘region’ are all fully populated by quality and in-depth content.
- Keep your accounts updated with at least one post per day. The purpose of this is so your users and potential clients don’t think your account has been abandoned. Basically, you want to have an appearance that says ‘open for business’, not ‘closed down months ago’.
- Use hashtags (#) to increase visibility making you more easily discoverable.
- Engage well with your users on social media, responding to feedback, reviews and comments. Demonstrate to your followers that you are interested in their interactions and what they have to say- positive or negative.
- Show an interest in other people’s posts, by commenting on and sharing content. This will help to spread your brand and reputation.
Follow these steps and they will help to build your online presence which will support you with greater visibility. It is really important to have no loose ends and half populated accounts. Link all of your accounts to your website and emails. Finally, try not to underestimate the role social media plays in ranking more highly in search engines. Read our blog ‘If SEO blows your mind: Read this’ for more specific advice on SEO.